anchor text

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Claudia Hand Painted Yarns


I am swatching with multicolored linen from Claudia Hand Painted Yarns color John B. It has 540 yards in one skein!! and machine washable. The colors are so great for the beginning of fall. That is what I see right now on some trees. It is also nice for summer or spring. This is one of the yarns that do not require much in terms of a stitch pattern. Something simple that shows the yarn well. So, for my design of a garment I am going with this swatch and I am paying more attention to the construction of the garment. I think I got it but have to wait till I can share with everybody. I might even change something from my current plan as I start working on it. At this point colors and the feel of the yarn, that will be even softer as I wash it, inspire me and make me happy.
The tunic with cables that I showed two posts before is progressing well and I will be finalizing my decision on sleeves. Options are: saddle sleeves or set-in sleeves. Both look good in this design, but when I see the real thing in real proportions, I can make a better decision then. Back to that project.

No comments: